Sunday, 6 September 2015

Writing to describe

In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself


My writing


How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks
 
 

I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks
 
 

I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks

 
 

Reflection

My favourite part was: getting to choose the person in the family that I wanted to write about.

It was really hard when: I was trying to spell a word right.

Something that really helped me was: my plan because I got to write some ideas down so I wouldn't forget what I was writing about.

Something new I learned was: a plan really helps me.

Kerri Thinks
Wow Kyree, you have been working so hard on your writing this term. Your stories have more than 2 sentences and you are using the plan we create together to make sure you add details. Remember to reread your writing and add fullstops at the end of an idea. This will make your writing much easier for the reader to read and understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment