Saturday, 19 September 2015

Reading

WALT: summarise by retelling my story in order.

Success Criteria:
  • I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
  • I can record the main ideas, in order
  • I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
  • I am starting to think about what might happen next

Photo of kid reading

How I am going

I can find the beginning middle and end of the story
Kerri thinks



I can record the main ideas, in order
Kerri thinks



I use my summary to help me better understand what I read and to share my ideas.
Kerri thinks

 

I am starting to think about what might happen next
Kerri thinks

 



Reflection
Summarising by retelling my story in order helps me because: it means that I have to understand what I read so I can talk about it.

It was really hard when: I have to work out new and tricky words.

Something that really helped me was: thinking about what might happen next.

Something new I learned was: how to work out hard words

Kerri thinks
Before we start reading you share your ideas about what you think the book is going to be about. After reading you are able to retell the main ideas of the story in order. This shows that you understand what you read. Remember Kyree, you need to read all the words (and not skip out the tricky ones. You can try the different strategies  for working out new and tricky words.


No comments:

Post a Comment