Saturday, 7 March 2015

Read to Self

We are learning to read to self. This builds our reading stamina and helps us to get better at reading. We also have lots of fun reading!

Success Criteria

  • I read quietly
  • I concentrate on the book
  • I stay in space
  • I read the whole time
  • I get started straight away



How I am going


Read to self
Kerri thinks
 





Reflection

I really like: some of the books have really fun pictures and I like to pick your own books.

I think I need to practice: focussing on my book for the whole time.

Read to self is a time to build up your reading stamina. This means you can read for longer and longer without stopping. You need to practise focussing on your book for the whole time, staying in one spot and reading the whole time. That will give you loads of time to practise all those skills and strategies you are learning with Julie and during reading time.
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment